Makati is one of the most sought-after places to live in the Philippines, known for its business and financial district, premier shopping centers, and luxurious residential areas. If you’re considering buying a home in Makati, here is a detailed guide to help you navigate the process.
- Research the different areas in Makati: Makati is divided into several villages, each with its own unique characteristics and amenities. Some of the most popular villages include Bel-Air, Forbes Park, and Urdaneta. Research the different areas to find one that best suits your lifestyle and budget.
- Determine your budget: Before you start looking at properties, it’s important to determine your budget and get pre-approved for a mortgage, if necessary. This will help you narrow down your search and ensure you don’t fall in love with a property you can’t afford.
- Hire a reputable real estate agent: A reputable real estate agent can help you navigate the local market and find properties that meet your needs. They can also assist with negotiations and legal paperwork.
- Inspect the property: Once you’ve found a property you’re interested in, schedule a thorough inspection to identify any potential issues or repairs that need to be made.
- Review the legal documents: Before finalizing the purchase, make sure to review all legal documents, including the contract of sale and title of the property, to ensure everything is in order.
- Close the sale: Once all legal documents have been reviewed and approved, it’s time to close the sale. This typically includes paying a down payment and signing the final contract.
- Move in: After the sale has been closed, you can finally move in to your new home in Makati!
Some additional tips to consider:
- Makati is a densely populated area, and parking space is limited. Make sure to check the parking options for the property you’re considering.
- Makati is known for its high-rise buildings, and many units have great views. If this is important to you, make sure to ask the real estate agent about the view from the unit.
- Makati has a lot of amenities, but also tends to be more expensive than other areas in Metro Manila. Take this into consideration when setting your budget.
Buying a home in Makati can be a challenging process, but with the right preparation and guidance, you can find the perfect property to call your own.